An Eventful Day

/
0 Comments
I feel ambivalent.

Today my family and I dropped off my sister for her first year of college. On the one hand, I'm super excited for my sister to start her life at college, yet I can't help but feel a little glum when I remember that she's no longer sitting in her old room.

I should begin by saying that the whole moving in process was a lot smoother than I had expected, and we were able to finish unpacking within 2 hours of our arrival. Afterwards, my family and I took a little stroll around the beautiful campus. It was sweltering and I was practically drenched in sweat, yet I somehow couldn't escape the charm of the red brick buildings and towering green trees. Not to mention, there were university kids scrambling and prattling along in every direction. The whole scene made it seem as if we were temporarily on some kind of movie set. Anyways, during our walk, I pictured my new, college-girl of a sister purposefully scurrying from one building to another during the semester like a true undergrad scholar. For some reason, in that moment I felt so proud of my sister for securing a spot at such a prestigious university.

After our delightful little walk, we headed over to the Barnes & Noble down the street to get some last minute supplies. After all the supplies were safely put away in her new dorm room, we sorrowfully said our goodbyes.

Feeling a little dejected my parents and I decided to grab some food and head over to Balitmore's Inner Harbor. Needless to say, it was so gorgeous!







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.