Big Price Tags for Miniscule Results?!

/
0 Comments
This post is some what of a realization post.

So, recently I bought this sleek, new, "clinically proven," expensive face wash called Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2 percent Acne Wash (well I technically got it for my sister for her birthday, but we share everything so I used it too). Although this product was supposed to be a spectacular panacea for my skin, it turned out to be a complete and utter NIGHTMARE!

The cause of my recent troubles

Before using the acne wash, sure I had some pimples here and there, but I definitely didn't have any major breakouts. When I started using the face wash though, BAM the zits just kept coming. On top of the unexpected breakouts, my skin was sooo dry, which is extremely surprising in itself because I have naturally oily skin. Being positive, for once, I decided to keep using the product thinking that the breakouts were just temporary. Safe to say, that didn't work. So here I am, typing away and feeling sad about my skin. Even though I'm devastated at my results after using this supposedly "miracle" product, I guess I do have some good hindsight, which I will address later in the post in order to end on an upbeat tone.

Well, after having a sudden panic attack at the realization of what was most likely causing the breakouts, I've decided to go back to my old face wash and do a two week test. The two week test is nothing official, so don't expect to find any real results by searching it on Google; it's actually something my mom created. Basically, for the test, I am going to resume my old face care regime with all my old products and see if the switch makes a difference, which I am fairly confident it will. I'll probably do a post on the results, so keep a lookout.

Basically me after realizing my adored face wash was causing my breakouts

As previously mentioned, I will know tell you what I have learned through this depressing and traumatizing experience.

What I've come to understand is that just because a piece of merchandise may have a certain brand name or a large price tag, does not mean that it's going to work miracles. I know that many people would find this realization obvious at first glace; however, I don't think people truly acknowledge the tremendous importance of this idea until they actually purchase something expensive that is not only ineffective, but also worsens their situation. Regardless, researching the acne wash mentioned above, I found out that it was supposed to be AMAZING at clearing up zitty skin and when I say AMAZING I mean people were just praising and raving about this so called "god-sent" face wash. The undeniable praise paired with the elaborate packaging and substantial price, assured me of the face wash's magical powers. In hindsight, I can safely say that my previous drug store products worked just as well (and were way cheaper), if not better than this high-end face wash. So, was it all worth it? Yes and No (mostly NO!). I will admit that the purchase was worth it because it made me understand that a certain brand name or a big price tag doesn't guarantee a product's effectiveness. I also realized the immense differences and discrepancies in skin types. Even though this product may have worked for numerous, fortunate people around the world, doesn't magically guarantee that it's going to work the same way for me. Overall I think the bottom line is to not buy into ridiculous prices and assume that products will work miracles for you just because you shelled out the big bucks for them. This may seem somewhat cynical but hey, it's the truth! (At least in my experience)

Just as effective as the high-end stuff

In closure, I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to deny the legitimacy of the Peter Thomas Roth Acne Wash because it clearly worked for countless people. I'm also not trying to discourage others from buying the product because, hey, you never know, it may work for you! All I'm saying is that the product didn't work for me and that although I'm upset about the results, I've managed to learn a valuable lesson that I certainly won't forget!

All in all, I'm sad about the current state of my skin, but I know that it will get better. I've also learned a good lesson and therefore I can't complain. After all, there are other people out there who have MUCH bigger problems than my petty, little struggles.

As always continue to experiment and always remain fearless, but remember to never set high expectations for products based upon their luxuriously high prices!

AND NEVER FORGET...

Because as we all know, sugary goodness is the real cure for everything!



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.